So obsessions, as my current crush "Marina and the diamonds" sings "you never told me what it was that made you strong, what it was that made you weak" ...well I will tell you what makes me stronger and weak at the knees...
Lets start with my current love affair, which seems apt as my bf is out of the country, KORRES, it is a Greek line, and lets be honest its not just the yogurt and the extra virgin olive oil keeping those goddess oh so bronzed and so enviously glowy...
Gorge and Lena Korres are the smooth olive skinned founders of the company and they believe, to quote, that "Korres Natural Products sees its fundamental responsibility towards nature and the environment as an essential effort that should be done by all of us, for the protection of our planet"...I mean come on, if you aren't already in love with the idea of a fully eco-conscious range, you will be when you hear about all the nastiness they keep well away from our skin and hair..
- We avoid using and have limited non-biodegradable ingredients, such as silicones and mineral oils.
- We avoid the use of parabens, sulphates, propylene glycol, ethanolamines, phalates, genetically modified organisms, phalates and triclosan, all ingredients that are believed to be harmful to the body and to nature
- We do not use ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA) because it is non-biodegradable and its removal from wastewater requires special treatment.
- All the extracts and vegetable oils we include among our ingredients have been certified as pesticide-free by quality control laboratories.
My favorite products, ofcorse i haven't tried the whole range but i am working my way through, a tough job but someone has to do it, in no particular order..
- quercetin-and-oak Age-Reversing Oil-Control Treatment, it is a-a-amazing my skin feels and smells beautiful and I get this instant glow, its probably one of their most expensive products at $50 dollars but well worth it, I've had mine awhile and when I go to pump I am still rewarded with a pea sized blob.
- My skin can be very oily and I am obsessed with their thymus and sage anti-acne cleanser, its the only wash I have used that cuts through the oil and grime with out drying, and again the smell..mmmmwwwaaahhhhh!!
- Put your hands up if you love the idea of a tinted moisturiser Oil free and silicone free tint gives medium coverage with a dewy finish and powerful sun protection, breathable, water-resistant, sweat-proof, with watermelon extract (again the smell), rich in vitamins, carbohydrates and amino acids, supports the stressed immune system of the skin, preventing premature ageing and increases the skin’s immune defences against free radical damage AND vanilla and Curcuma Longa Extracts provide essential antioxidant protection and prevent photo-aging!! phew!
- Seriously I know I sound like I work for them (I wish I did) but I also love their mascara, its unbelievable, my lashes are so much thicker just as if I hadn't worn any mascara for days, and it doesn't rub off.....trust me.
- I could go on all day, their bronzer is also wonderful made with monoi oil, a tropical Tahitian oil...so please open your world to the beauty of Korres, it's life changing...