Thursday, September 16, 2010

Shu Uemura

Once you manage to get your freshly glossed lips around these closely place vowels....something wonderful happens aside from being virtually fluent in Japanese, the red rope is lifted and you are about to become part of the S list, a list so exclusive reserved only for super-shinny-silky-shu uemura-sex-sirens, its a short list my beauties but is about to get ahellov a lot longer....

As I write this I am sitting in the make up truck as I have a little down time from playing Kate on Bedlam, which is quite apt as this is where my Shu Uemura story began...  'Kate's' look for the show took a little time to get just right, so after few tears (i can be a little dramatic) and a few trips to the colorist dark to blonde to dark..and some choppy layers we finally were happy....but my locks had taken a little beating and I needed to nurse them back to life...so donning my best "please give me what I want" smile I pleaded with the lovely Jess head of the make-up department to let me splash out and feed my hair with the best.
So picture this-its been bleached, twice, and hadn't been conditioned due to a shortage of product in my shower..so 'straw' would be putting it lightly....I carefully picked my products from the well stocked shelves at Harvey Nichols, my first thrill was that like a kid in a sweet shop i could 'pick 'n' mix'....all their products over lap and work seamlessly with each other providing, moi, the customer, with a personalized hair routine...

Shu Uemura approaches hair care with the attention to detail as that of a young quivering Geisha performing a Japanese tea ceremony for the first time... 'The Art of Hair' ritual  consists of 'The Art of Style', 'The Art of Care' and 'The Art of Tools'. For my shampoo and conditioner I decided on 'Full Shimmer' for color treated hair formulated with musk rose oil, so you can imagine the scent, in addition for those desperate times I opted for the intense treatment mask from their 'Silk Bloom' collection which promises to restore and rebuild your locks back to their virginal years with the god like power of Aragan oil and vitamin E, now for the liquid gold, I exaggerate not..for a start its pricey at 38 pounds for 150ml but their Essence Absolute leave in oil for dry hair is, I imagine what mermaids or angels use, apply to wet hair and it protects from harmful rays pollution and conditions..leaving without so much as a greasy strand...and as for style I am officially hooked to creating as much lasting vavavoom as possible with their Fiber lift-protective volumizer...again applied to wet hair and their is absolutely no sticky residue only enviable height....

So don your kimono brew your tea leave leaves and leave that mask on for 15 minuets and I promise all you aspiring Geishas that shinny locks are within reach..those Shu Uemura peeps know a thing or two about the Art of Hair...

No comments:

Post a Comment